1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Rubber Snow delfector....

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Frozen001, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Any one know wher I can pick up a True Western snow deflector... My local dealer does not carry them.. only after market ones. I want the OEM style...they are willing to "special" order it for me, but if I can find it from a dealer who has them in stock and willing to ship it to me I would prefer that because I think I can get a better price...

Lou

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Go to the top of the page .CPW they should have it

3. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

My dealer charged me $138.00, that was in stock.(factory rubber with logo) If you can get it cheaper than that, even with special order, i say go for it. I now try to go other places.

4. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

What size are you looking for??

Brian

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Looking for the one that goes on the 8'... Like I said local dealer does not have the OEM... just the cheap aftermarket ones.

Contacted CPW and they do not stock the OEM either....But they were cheaper than what the local dealer would special order it for even with the shipping costs

6. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

Don't mean to get off the subject but I saw that you've got a GMC 2500. How do you like it for plowing? We're shopping for a new plow truck and are considering the F-250 and the GMC 2500. My main concern with the GMC is the strength of the front end. The two Fords we plow with (99', 97') are workhorses plowing, but have been a huge headache with repairs. Luckily none have been while plowing. Our GMC Sonoma has been fine this year, but that's only with a lightweight sno-way which is tough to compare with a 7 1/2 or 8' Western. Thanks, -Pat

7. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Hey Frozen...

Give Merkin in Easton PA here a call - 610-258-6177 they are a Western distributor (not just a dealer) with good prices and they will UPS for actual cost I think... Since you aren't that far away it should be reasonable...

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Chicago,

The truck has been great... no problems at other that the heated mirrors quit working.

The front ends on these trucks are plenty strong for plowing... Depending on what size plow you put on you might want to add timbrens. My 8' blade only drops the truck like 1/2" or so. I cranked the bars up three turns, and added timbrens. Did not really need the timbrens, but I actually think it help out more for when the plow is not on...to me it seemed to help the handling... but maybe that is just me. There are guys who run large v-plows and blizzard 810 on these trucks with out any problems... the whole thing about GM front ends being weak is totally not true...

Sixspeed:

Thanks for the number I will check them out...probably going to wait untill after the holidays it is real crazy now....work... plowing and all the holiday stuff has been keeping me too busy... We are getting snow right now as a matter of fact... tomorrow might be another plow day :redbounce payup