1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western quick match web tool

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FASTEDDIE88, Dec 16, 2011.

1. FASTEDDIE88

FASTEDDIE88 Junior Member

Has anyone tried to use the Western web site quick match tool?
    Does anyone know why an 89 2500 3/4 ton suburban would only come up with the half ton plow or the midweight?
    are they tring to tell me the suburban can only handle a midweight or half ton plow?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Its just a heavy half ton
    Front end of ur 3/4 is the same as a half ton
    Now rear end is heavier then half ton

3. FASTEDDIE88

you maybe correct on it being a heavy half ton or maybve for newer years, but i assure the front end stuff on a 3/4 ton chevy from 73-87 truck or 73-91 burb is not the same as a 1/2 ton. I have installed many rotors and lift kits and other itemes on this erra truck and the brakes, bearings, shocks ,springs ,axles, and differential are all larger and stronger on a 3/4 ton than a 1/2, to say the front end is the same is absolutly not true

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe b/c of the ballast that you can't pit in the rear of the truck. Thought this was discussed a little bit ago too??

5. chevyman83

chevyman83 Member

Gvwr is exceeded when a plow and proper ballast is installed. I had the same issue with my 2000 3/4 crew cab with a 454. It said I couldn't put more than a 7'6" straight blade on it. I talked to my dealer and this is what I was told was the reason.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ah ok I remember that being the issue.

7. FASTEDDIE88

Yes that makes more sense. I was told the same thing when I bought my 2008 Duramax crew cab, if I put 5 passengers with me as well as the proper ballast the I have gone over the GVW.
    What is silly to me is when would you ever plow with 5 passengers or for the case of the suburban 8 other passengers, hahahahahaha.
    I have been plowing with an 85 3/4 ton suburban for 9 years now, but I am running a 7'-6" meyer and this 89 I am looking at getting, I want to mount an 8' pro western, I think it would handle it fine.

8. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hell ya put it on there.a 7.6to a 8.0 =6 inches cant be that big of deal.But hell if it is that big if a issue and you wanna go that little bit bigger just put wings in it ..kinda a ni brainer .now if you were goin to a 8.5 or a 9.5 well hell no. Just my 2 cents