1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AA+ Landscaping, Nov 11, 2008.

1. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I just bought 2008 Dodge 5500 an had a Western 9-1/2' MVP Plus Poly plow installed. When I unhook the plow and back away, the light bar assembly tilts ahead which makes the drive on system tilt up and then requires two people to reattach the plow. One has to pull back on the light bar and the other has to drive the truck ahead. It should not be this way. Is there a fix or should I take it back to the dealer? My other question has to do with a Western 8' Ice Breaker V-box salter. On the wiring diagram there is a orange wire that says to vehicle CHMSL feed. What does that mean? Thank you for your time

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I know on the salter, chmsl stands for CENTER HIGH MOUNTED STOP LIGHT. I can only imagine that it is an option. I think it is a brake light that is mounted in the "Hood" over the engine of the salter.