1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I have a 10 ft western pro plow(older style) When you go to pick up the plow it goes up a inch or two and then stops, and you have to have somone pick up on the plow to help it up the rest of the way. I was thinking that the pump could be a little low on oil, but i dont know were to put the oil in the pump.
  2. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Oh Boy

You better go to Western's website and check their library of manuals. I know on the conventional (older ones), but the newer style has a fill plug on the top, and a fluid full plug on the side, and drain plug on bottom. Take out the top one, and the side one (leave bottom one in of course), and when fluid runs out of the side, it is full. I wouldn't think it would've been changed, but you never know.
    They also have some troubleshooting stuff there I believe. Better check it before you burn it out, if you haven't already!