1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western pump went belly up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Paulie's Plowin, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

This pump was working perfect and my son over filled it with oil. Does anyone know where I should look to remedy this. The pump is an electric unit.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Take a line off, put end of line into a clean milk jug, hit the function for that line?
    Get a big bore syringe at TSC and suck it out?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

There is no drain plug? Not doing anything?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What western plow?

5. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

I drained it out to a normal level but the problem still exist a very very slow rise to blade. Its a pro plow w/older electric pump [no cable]

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the ck plug on the side of the housing? When the fluid stops pouring out then its at the right level. (lift ram all the way dwn and the blade straight )

7. Paulie's Plowin

Paulie's Plowin Member

Yes that's what I did. You can hear the motor and its attempting to rise but its a sad site. I took the motor off today and noticed that 2 of the pump bolts were loose. the 2 that mount it to the base were tight. The filter screen had a film on it. I took carb cleaner and cleaned it off.

8. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Dump a couple ounces of seafoam trans tune in the fluid. If it's moisture related, that should help. Had a similar issue with my mm1 yesterday. Worked fine after that.