1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western pump siezed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by amcolandscaping, Dec 16, 2004.

1. amcolandscaping

amcolandscaping Member

Ok I had my plow looked at because the motor was running but nothing was happening so he opened it up put a new internal pump in and still nothing turns out the whole thing is siezed. Is there anyway to unsieze it? Or do i have to get a complete new housing? It is a western cable plow pump. Figures a couple of days before are supposed to get snow. What do i tell my customers when i cant get there to plow there driveway? :(

Matt

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

Seized??

Fill The Unit With Kerosene An Let Sit Over Nite . It Should Get It Free !!

3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

you tell them to watch out for whoever you have lined up as your backup :cry:

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

marvel mystery oil is the best anti seize stuff

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I am a little lost here, what is seized up? The motor or the pump? You stated that motor runs and you replaced internal pump but it is still seized? What exactly is?

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Same here :confused: If the pump is seized the motor won't turn it,the pump and motor should turn by hand,what exactly is seized?

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Buy a rebuilt pump from Angelo's or one of the other mail order companies and send them your seized on to have them rebuild it and keep it as a spare. Angelo's gets $99 plus parts to rebuild it. Use the money you are going to loose if you don't get your accounts plowed during the next storm. In the end, your accounts will be happy, your plow will be working, and you will end up with a spare pump for your next emergency. Time is money and you will loose the trust of your accounts if you don't show up at their houses during the next storm, they won't want to hear excuses... :nono:

8. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

bueller...Bueller....?