1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pump problem, it was working. help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RAYB83, Dec 29, 2011.

1. RAYB83

RAYB83 Junior Member

I have an older western on my 1994 jeep wrangler. w/ the angle hose looped thru the pump the plow will go up, but when I connect up the angle hoses to the pump it only will go left. no up or right. I check cables and both are center. also the plow was working OCT. 30 snowstorm but stop working about 1/2 way thru the storm. I have changed the oil in the pump w/ new oil. but didn't check the filter. Can you help? thanks :confused:,:dizzy:
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

kinda sounds like your cables are out of adjustment,,or the screw at the bottom of the lift ram (dont remember the name of it sorry) is out of adjustment as well. i would start with a cable adjustment.
  3. RAYB83

RAYB83 Junior Member

old western with problem

I have check and adjusted the cables w/o any change. I down loaded the service manual last night and will be working on it today . I will let you know what I find. Thanks for your help. :mechanic: