1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pump Oil

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buckeye Chuck, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

I want to top off my pump fluid on my new Western. It says you can use transmission fluid. Is it okay to mix or should I look for some Western brand fluid?
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I run synthetic ATF in my fisher. I run it becasue its easier to get ahold of and i just need to carry 1 type of fluid to cover my trany and my plow :cool: Syn flows better in the winter.

If I needed to get my plow on the road and all i had was ATF and I was running western fluid I wouldnt worry. Heck , took my plow in for some service and they topped of my tank with western fluid and i didnt have a problem, i figured it out when I drained it.....wasnt red anymore. :confused: I wouldnt mix em if I could get away from not since i am anal like that but I dont think you will have a preoblem

Look at it this way......now might be a deccent time to drain and flush your system right. Perfect time to switch over if you want to.
  3. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Yeah, I'm funny about mixing stuff too. I'll see if I can find Western Fluid. It's not that low.