1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western pump is slow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 76chevyman, Nov 11, 2003.

1. 76chevyman

76chevyman Member

Hi there all. I finaly got my truck ready for the season today. I rebuilt the plow all new bolts and pin and fluid. I need to go buy new controlls and i think i will be set. But when i raise the plow its kinda slow i only had one battery hooked up tomorrow im going to hook up both batterys and see if that helps. Would a worn out electric motor cause this?? Its got to be 5 years old. This will be the first real season with this pump im use to the belt driven one. Please any input would be helpful. thank you :salute:

2. 76chevyman

76chevyman Member

o yeah it angels great and it drops real fast like the chain just snap im going to try to adjust that tomorrow

3. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

yep it's most likely the motor you could hook up a amp meter to test it. why bother if its a 4 or 5 years old the brushes are worn out.at the very least its good insurance to replace it.

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

If it is the cable operated type, try adjusting the up-down cable. If its not I am not sure of what it could be.

Mark K

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

It could also be the pump. It does not take as much power to angle as to lift. Might want to do a pump pressure test if the motor turns out to be good.