1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western ProPlow on F150?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by HeartlandOKC, Oct 12, 2012.

1. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

Has anyone put a Western Pro Plow on an F150? I'm pretty sure it would be too heavy but I'm just wondering if it's possible. I have the choice of putting the plow on a 2500 Chevy or the F150 but I use the Chevy to pull a skidsteer when it snows. The F150 is an '07 regular cab with 8ft. bed and 4.6 V8.

Obviously it's not recommended since Western doesn't list the pro-plow as an option in the quickmatch. I'm more interested in if it's possible than if it's a good idea. The truck and plow will probably be in use for 2-3 storms a year. I'm pretty sure I know what everyone is going to say but I figured I'd ask.

2. R3Dside

R3Dside Member

I have a 2000 w/ a 7'6'' wester unimount pro it holds it pretty well (I have timbrens and always run a ballast) I recommend it, its not really as bad a some say. Obviously don't beat the truck to death and be mindful of the weaker front-end.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Why can't the Chevy do both at the same time? Putting it on the Chevy seems like a no brainer to me....