1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Products Unveils Striker™ Stainless Steel Hopper Spreader at NTEA

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Michael J. Donovan, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Western Products Unveils Striker™ Stainless Steel Hopper Spreader at NTEA Work Truck Show​

• Available in six sizes from 7' 1.5 cu. yd. to 10' 6 cu. yd.
    • Designed to reduce material waste and maximize material control
    • Powered by dual instant-start, 12-volt electric motors

MILWAUKEE (March 4, 2015) — Western Products, manufacturer of WESTERN® snow removal and ice control equipment, has unveiled the all-new Striker™ stainless steel hopper spreader, at the NTEA Work Truck Show in Indianapolis.

WESTERN Striker Stainless Steel Hopper Spreader
    The Striker spreader is built with low-maintenance, rust-resistant stainless steel for long-life protection against rust and is reinforced with wrap-around welded joints for durability. The spreader is available in six sizes: 7' 1.5 cu. yd.; 8' 2 cu. yd.; 9' 3 cu. yd.; 9' 4.5 cu. yd.; 10' 4.5 cu. yd.; and 10' 6 cu. yd. models.

Specifically engineered to minimize waste and enhance spreading capabilities, the Striker hopper spreader features an innovative chute design to direct de-icing material to precise points on the spinner to cast material out and away from the truck. An easy-to-adjust circular shutter deflector allows one-sided spreading operation, preventing materials from being spread to unintended areas.

Two instant-start, 12-volt electric motors provide quiet and reliable control over the 16 ½" conveyor and spinner mechanisms. The spinner motor is sealed inside a weather-resistant housing that protects it from corrosion. Gas and hydraulic options are also available.

Electric models feature an enhanced, dual variable-speed control to precisely match material delivery and spread patterns to conditions. Four standard accessory buttons, a dedicated “blast” button, and digital self-diagnostics alert the operator when the hopper is empty or needs adjustments.
    Information on the new Striker hopper spreader will be available in the online WESTERN Spreader Showroom in April 2015.

About Western Products
    Western Products is proud to be a part of Douglas Dynamics, North America’s premier manufacturer of vehicle attachments and equipment and home to the most trusted brands in the industry. For more than 65 years, the Company has been innovating products that not only enable people to perform their jobs more efficiently and effectively, but also enable businesses to increase profitability. For additional information on WESTERN snowplows, visit our showroom or find your nearest WESTERN snowplow dealer.

2. polarvend

polarvend Junior Member
    from Alaska

After a ton of research and deciding to go to the striker model, I call my dealer and they won't have any till December if then..
    Called a dealer in the states and same answer.
    anyone know of a dealer that has one? looking for the 2 yard stainless electric drive all decked out in options.
  3. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

call Storks Plow Parts, I just bought one today from them at their open house, they had like 4 of em
  4. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

Can you provide a cost range for 1.5 or 2.0 cu yd boxes. Thanks in advance.
  5. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

I wanna say I paid $3900 out the door, they are trying to compete with snowex
  6. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

i will galdly sell me snowex 8500 to buy one of these