1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western PRODIGY

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless440, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone work with Western Prodigy plow yet?

Any Feedback

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You might also want to post a question in the blizzard section about their Speedwing. They're the same plows and both owned by Douglas Dynamics.

3. Its a mechanical work of art... love the design and operation.
    Installing one on skid steer in a few days...

4. drakewhistle

drakewhistle Junior Member

The plow is GREAT, the installation is TERRIBLE!! The directions they "provide" (you have to print yourself) are from 2003 and only cover the MVP and wideout, the electrical diagrams are all wrong, pictures are bad and all in all a very poor explanation of how to put it together. That being said, I had never installed a commercial plow before and I did it in a weekend after throwing the directions across the shop. A little common sense of wiring and mechanical function and it can be done with ease. Love the plow, great idea. I personally am a fan of mechanical not electrical function, which is why I bought the prodigy vs the wide out, more things to break with more rams and electronics.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

2003......really

The first year for the WO was 2007 and this one is a brand in Westerns line.

IM also most positive they didn't even have Fleet Flex until 2006.

6. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Write back after you push with it..