1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Problems!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRSlawn, Dec 13, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

My western plow has been running extremly slow. Is there any adjustments on it to make it lift and drop faster. I know there is one on my meyers e 60.
    The pump is the std pump that comes on a ultra mount plow. How do I fix it?
  2. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

what plow do you have? Cable control? Cable adjustment loosen allen key slide cable up or down in housing. New unimount has quill adjustment on oe near the pump. Go to western website download the manual for your plow.
  3. DJL

DJL Senior Member

My western 7.5' Ultra Mount Pro Plow has a "quill" on the motor. Turning it can control the speed the plow drops. look in the manual. If you don't have it go online and download it or just view it.

It also could have something to do with the temperature...
  4. County Plow Eq.

County Plow Eq. Junior Member

if it's a new ultra i'd check the o-ring under the sump pump, i have found a few that the bolts were loose and o-ring shifted,and lost compession,but if your having down slow problems to you might have part of that o-ring if it's broke stuke in the passage back to the resavour. tough call. good luck