1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RAZOR, Mar 27, 2002.

1. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I have a 7.5 Western Uni-mount Pro Plow. When I try to angle to the left sometimes it will angle, sometimes it won't. If I raise the controler up just for a second it will angle 100% of the time. It angles to the right fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Try gicing your electric connectors from the plow to the truck a wiggle. They may not be tight or you may have crud in them. If it works 100% of the time while the blade is raised than it could also be a fault (short) in the harness on the plow near the solenoid pack. Grab the wires there and give them a wiggle. Check to make sure all connections are secure.
  3. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I had the same problem, but mine wouldn't lower all the time. I replaced the controller and it works fine. otherwise it sounds like a solenoid may be bad, or you could be low on fluid.