1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The Boss, Nov 5, 2003.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hi everyone!:)

My friend has a 79 f250 with an old wetern 7 foot on it. It still works pretty good but when he turns it to the right, it's real slow.
    I'm guessing it's one of the cylinders but not sure which one? Can anybody give me any advice to pass on? Thanks!
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Im guessing, that by saying that its an old western, that its a cable controlled power unit. The cable for turn functions is either worn and needs to be replaced or its just out of adjustment. The turn cable is the one closest ot the lift cylinder. be careful removing the set screw, its usually pretty stubborn and strips out.
  3. The Boss

Thanks Crash!

I'll call my buddy right now and tell him. Appreciate the advice!:)
  4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Could also be a hydraulic coupler going bad. I put on 2 new couplers this past weekend and one of the brand new ones was defective. I replaced them with a set from the local farm supply store and they worked perfectly.

Good luck,
    Mark K

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:
  5. The Boss

Thanks Speedracer!
    I'll pass along the info to my friend.:)
  6. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

You could also refer to the thread titled Fisher Electric angling speed adjustment. Just turn the cable nut the opposite way to increase the speed in the other direction

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

its sounds like the cable