1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pro wiring ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bubba377, Feb 14, 2011.

1. bubba377

bubba377 Junior Member

I just purchased a pro uni mount for my 2005 gmc and I am trying to figure out the wiring harness i have a wiring diagrahm and some ?s

1) do I need a drl module to make this harness work with the truck(didnt come with one )

2) I have a small black box w/6 wires coming out of it to the harness. but the diagram calls for more is this right?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Given very little information on the truck

2005 GMC what?

On the small black box, is there a part number??

Also what is the lit # for example 64127.. You will find it on the paper work either on the top or the side

This is a use unimount plow?

The new plow are "ultra mounts".

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Probably be best to post up a picture or listing of the #'s on the harness' and wiring you have so we can try to help you figure it out.

Sounds like the "little black box with 6 wires" is a park turn module and if you have one of those I would guess the plow came off of a Ford leaving you with not much wiring that will work on your 2005 GMC .

Let us know what exactally you have , if you can't post a picture , tomsnastyz@yahoo.com is my email , i'll be happy to take a look for you.

TOM

4. bubba377

bubba377 Junior Member

ok the truck is a 2005 gmc sierra 2500 hd 4x4 6.0 w/ 4l80E .

found this # w61557 f8276 on the harness

also found w49309

and here is a pic of the black box

plow was purchased from a plow dealer used and is a uni mount

0214011610.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  5. twinman326

Do you have hb3-hb4 headlights?

You have a 12pin harness with 6 relays?

I do not see that "black box" on the wiring schematic. That must be a turn modular like Nasty-Z mention..Hopefully you told them exactly what you have and they gave you the correct harness and parts for your vehicle..

Wiring schematic for your vehicle shows a DRL, 6 relays, fuse holder assembly

drl2005.jpg

fuse 2005.jpg

elect 2005.jpg

list 2005.jpg

drl2005.jpg

fuse 2005.jpg

elect 2005.jpg

list 2005.jpg

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

A relay setup on an 06 GM truck?.....not recommended. That is what those part numbers indicate that you have anyway. A reputable plow dealer wouldn't of sold you a relay setup for your truck knowingly.

I would bring the truck wiring back and get an ISO setup for your truck. If you need part numbers, just ask

Is the plow a 2 or 3 plug setup currently?

No, this is NOT the cheapest route.....and YES, a relay setup will work....it's just not recommended.

7. twinman326

Most likely the dealer gave him a good deal on the Unimount plow and setup "AS IS".. They never recommend the mod system or they might of lost the deal !!!

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I bet your absolutely right on this theory.

9. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

The relay system he already has will be fine. :nod:

TOM