1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jjmcnace, Dec 31, 2008.

1. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

I just picked up a pair of Western Pro Wings from my western dealer to put on my 7.5' MVP Plus V-Plow. Told the dealer that it was a 7.5' MVP and he sold me the wings. Got home and tried to put them on and they won't fit. So I called them up and gave them the part number on the wings and they said that those are the right ones. Well the trip spring and bracket are too close to the edge for the wings to go on. They called me back the next day and said "you're right they don't work on a 7.5' MVP, we just tried it."

I really wanted the wings maybe I need to get a 8.5' MVP. I would have gotten that size to begin with, but they said that it was too heavy for my 2004 2500HD extended cab with a 8.1L engine. I see guys around here with 8.5' MVPs on 2500HD truck s with the Duramax diesel.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I run them on 2 duramax's. One's a C/C dually.