1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Plus

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I was at my local Western dealer dropping off some cookies my wife baked, and wishing him a Merry Christmas. Right in the front of the shop, he had a mason dump, with an 8' 6" Pro Plus on it. Interesting design, dual shocks on the trip, very sturdy looking. It appears to have holes on the ends of the moldboard for some type of wings or other attachment. I asked him about it, and he said they do make a backdrag blade that attached to the moldboard. Our conversation was brief, but I will find out more about it, and try and post some pics. He didn't have any literature on it yet. It was an Ultra Mount.

~Chuck

2. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i saw the same thing at my dealer the back drag blade hooks on where the front one is and it looks like a V shaped blade but the front is taller than the back one.i guess when u back up it digs in.
    it did look like one blade not a two blade design.i think it might be on there website to not sure.

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

4. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

it may sound stupid but what is a mason dump? Besides a tradesman in a port a potty?

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

LOL.. I am assuming a hydraulic lift under a mason body or stakebed dump:confused:

~Nate~

6. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

ok we keep talking about this mason...I guess I should have joined another trade. Is there an electrician dump?

No really what is all this mason stuff?

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

A mason dump is just a smaller 2-3 yard dump body on a light duy truck chassis. They got popular with the masonary trade because masons seem to use them to haul a yard or so of mason sand when they are building chimneys and such. True mason dumps have fold down sides, so that the sand or brick can be accessed with out climbing in and out of the back.
    But basically no different than a small dumptruck.
    Dino

8. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

9. wyldman

wyldman Member

Looks like a good design.We have had problems with the pivot points wearing out,as they are only thin plate on the a-frame.We beef them up in a very similar fashion to the new design.The quadrant and a-frame look very beefy.