1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pro-plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by karol, Jun 25, 2007.

1. karol

karol Senior Member

I'm thinking of switching from a 8"hd fisher to a western 8'pro-plus with pro-wings. Any input would be appreciated regarding the western pro-plus plow.
  2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I run an 8ft Pro Plus and absolutely love it...THe taller blade is a nice feature, more trip springs...I would buy another one in a heart beat, and the Ultra Mount is nice!!!
  3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have run a Pro Plus with wings for the last three winters. Never a proplem....Very stout and fast.
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got a pro plus on my dump and love it. Its a heavy duty plow.
  5. billpride

billpride Junior Member

i would go with the blizzard 810 if your considering going with something with wings
  6. karol

karol Senior Member

Hey Bill you're name sounds familiar. Did you or still work at Walker or Kooy? That's if I got the right person.
  7. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I run the Pro Plus with the UltraMount and wouldn't run anything else.
  8. Easygn

Easygn Junior Member

I run a 7.5 Pro Plus with wings. I folded both wings with the ice storm we had. I am not impressed with the wings. I do like the tall blade and the ultramount makes mounting a breeze!!!
  9. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

were these the western wings?
  10. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

Run a Western 8.5 Pro Plus with pro plus wings since 03 and never had a problem! wesport
  11. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping Member

I run a Pro Plus 7'6" with wings. The new style holds the snow a lot better love it.
  12. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

Been running the pro w/ wings since 04 not one prob. Wings are great, very heavy duty much better than my Boss on my other truck. Will most likly buy again if I trade off the other truck.
  13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I know 2 guys that have bent their wings out of shape this year. I am wondering if they changed the metal on the new ones.
  14. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

The pro plus is a great plow only problem i had was plowing into hard snowbanks and blowing angle cyinders
  15. Easygn

Easygn Junior Member

Mine were the western pro wongs, neww in October 2007. They seemed soft. Of course I was abusing them (according to dealer) so no warranty.
  16. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Um not to be a d ick, but your not suppost to be slamming into hard snow banks. Any plow is going to blow its cylinders doing that. Its a snow plow, not a bull dozer.

They are designed to fail it you hit something hard enought, so you don't bend up the plow or truck frame. I bend one of mine up, but a torch and a hammer you can bend them right back. Its just like the spreader frames on the hitch mounts. They are design to fold up so you don't damaged the shaft, bearing, hopper, etc when you back into something. So your only out a frame, not a whole new spreader.
  17. Martinson9

Martinson9 Senior Member

My 02 2500 HD has an 8 ft Western Pro. My 07 3500HD has an 8'6" Pro Plus. I wish I had gotten a pro plus to begin with. To me it seems that the extra weight of the Pro Plus does a better job of back dragging. The taller plow is very nice. I would buy the Pro Plus again in a heart beat. I certainly like the extra width of the 8'6 too. A lot of my accounts are in a more suburban area and I can use the extra width.