1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pro plus

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsheedy75, Mar 1, 2005.

1. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

I have made up my mind to go with the western pro plus. I am curious as to how much width the wings will add to the plow. any ideas??

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

one foot.
    just a note, they are heavy. i leave mine on so i dont have to carry them, at 50lbs a piece.

3. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

have you had any problems with yours??

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

well i did bend one in half, but my dealer took care of me. i have used them the last three storms andthey are fantastic. they are a little loose for me, but i am going to work on that. they chatter a little bit. other then that they are great.

5. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

Salopez is right they are heavy! I leave mine on to, but once you use them you wont want to take them off. 8 1/2 foot blade =9 1/2

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  6. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

do they work well at limiting trail off when windrowing?

7. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

Yes they do. I have been using mine since 2003 and dont know what I would do with out them. You will really like the pro plus. Its a beefy blade and the ultra mount is great. I think the only thing that Western should change is their lights. :waving:

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

yeah they save alot of time. i have some crappy apts. to do and save about 40% of my time. you can take a much large bite and not leave a mess. and the added foot is great!

9. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

thanks guys