1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Plus Too...(continued)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Heron Cove PM, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

So, I said I would post on my new 8.6 Weatern Pro Plus. Um...Um...Um...WOW This thing is bad. Good bye Meyer. Here are some pics...

108_0808small.jpg

2. Heron Cove PM

Here it is with the wings. This plow holds a considerable GOOD amount of snow...

107_0793small.jpg

3. Heron Cove PM

Definitely a Pro.

1 Con is that the rubber edge on the wings themselves holds the cutting edge up just a bit. So the plow doesn't clean as well with them on.

107_0794small.jpg

4. Heron Cove PM

Here is even MORE snow with the wings...

108_0810small.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  5. Heron Cove PM

Probably the best part is...:nod: I could NEVER do THIS GOOD with my Meyer...

108_0812small.jpg

6. Heron Cove PM

From the cab...

108_0811small.jpg

7. Heron Cove PM

The plow preformed perfectly. Last one...

108_0816small.jpg

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Looks Good!!! The rubbers on the wings will wear them selves in. I think the pic with the wings on proves that a sraight blade with wings beats a v in scoop.

9. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

deffinatly good good luck with it as for me my next plow is also going to be a western i have meyers now no major problems with it.it did clean better than the western7.5 plow though i was suprised i got down to the pavement better for some reason but i do like the western better heavier built

10. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Totally Awesome! :drinkup: payup

11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

that plow is just to perfect, show me a meyer that can do that:p

12. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Those blade are great everyone I know wants one. I have a 7.5 poly pro western. I woulld not trade it for anthing well maybe a PLUS. I saw you are from MD. I am in frederick where did you get you bade?

13. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Nice pics

Thanks for taking the time to take pics.....those are real good pics. Do you have year round tires on or are those your "snowplow " tires?

Do you take the wings on and off?

14. Heron Cove PM

S & S Auto Performance in Annapolis.

15. Heron Cove PM

Re: Nice pics

You are welcome, and Thanks.

They are the BF Goodrich T/As that came on the truck new. They did OK, but I can't wait to get my Michel-ins on.

Yes, I took them off to do most of the plowing and put them back on for the clean up.

16. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Looks awesome. I'm in the market for a new plow for my 2003 Chevy and checked out Westerns today. I was going to go with a Diamond, but the Pro + sure looks nice, and after seeing your pics, it sure looks like it can push snow.

Any trouble with it tripping too much (doesn't look like it). I'm used to an edge trip and was worried that the full trip on the Western wouldn't handle heavy snow. I'm on the coast and a lot of our storms end as rain, which of course means plowing heavy slush.

BTW, how much does a set of wings cost?

Darryl

17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nice pics just bought one for a f350 a 8ft pro plow my next truck i will be saying bye to meyers and installing a western plow plus it was like 30 seconds to install kudos to western people :waving: