1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Plus loses power to controller

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by oss7112, Feb 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. oss7112

oss7112 Junior Member

Hey guys, quick question, I'm using a Western Pro Plus Contractor Grade, and the controller lost power on me after I shut off the truck and restarted. Any suggestions?

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Have you checked the fuses?

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

What kinda wiring? Fleet flex? Three plug?

4. oss7112

oss7112 Junior Member

Checked fuses and it has three plug wiring, I believe.

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Did you check the plow fuses or the fuse for where you connected your red 12v+ ACC connection?

If you are good on all fuses, check your grounds next. Could be a loose ground on the plow wiring. this is a common point of all electrical gremlins

6. oss7112

oss7112 Junior Member

So I called the dealer, and I'm going over there tomorrow, but somehow the plow started working again, what do you think? He went through the whole troubleshooting list, we checked all fuses, the battery and all, and then it started working after an hour of leaving it alone, i just don't want it to happen again.

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

When it doesn't work, do you have power to the controller? What make, model, year truck?

8. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Had a similar problem, one of the terminals was loose on the solenoid. Double check those

9. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Ditto Dstosh. It could easily be one of the terminals on the solenoid being loose.

10. ToddM NJ

ToddM NJ Member

I just had this problem. Cleaned the connectors and then added dielectric grease and has been working great.