1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Plus - Installation Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by soleftimright, Nov 30, 2010.

1. soleftimright

soleftimright Junior Member

Hi Folks,

I just picked up a new but technically used 2008 7.5 Western Pro Plus and have mounted it myself on my '05 4x4 Sierra 2500. All of the harnesses, module and motor controller/solenoid thing are as reccommended by the Western website.

Works great - except! - the low-beams immediately go into hazard mode as soon as connected. The high-beams work normally and the signals and hydraulics all work great. As far as I can tell, it is wired exactly as it should be. Anyone else run into this issue? I feel like it must have something to do with the daytime running lights?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I don't have a dealer within 700km's and it was purchased privately.

Cheers,
    J.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a 3 port Isolation module you have the headlamp adapters connected backward. They can be flipped 180* and connected either way but only one way is correct. On your truck you need them plugged in for the negative common configuration. If you have the install paperwork it explains this.

3. soleftimright

soleftimright Junior Member

Problem solved!

Thanks B&B - I'm terrible at reading instructions... It was just a single connection I reversed.
    Cheers,
    J.