1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Plow Ultra Mount wiring 4port/3plug

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by camps, Nov 8, 2012.

1. camps

camps Junior Member

Wondering if I can take a 4port/3plug system that was on a GMC and put it on my 2002 Ford F350? Specifically, can i replace the GMC head light connectors with the Ford plugs?

The isolation Mod. is a PN 27779

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

it should have another part number on it. is it white label or green?

3. camps

camps Junior Member

wiring

White label.......PN 27781

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hmmm. 27781 is the part number for the green label module that would be wrong for a Ford.
    but if you want to try it anyway you'd need 26349 and 26354 if you have HB5 lights on your truck, or 26353 and 26356 if you have 2B sealed beams. those would be the harnesses that plug into 3 and 4 on the module and go to your truck lights.

5. camps

camps Junior Member

Ok, yeah the green must of faded....but i can read the number clearly. I do have the HB5 lights, so if i get the 26349 and 26354 they should work ?
    The lights i have now that came with the plow are a 26921 and 26290, so these are for a GMC ? Do you know if i can splice a ford light connector on these ? Thanks for your help !

6. camps

camps Junior Member

Oops.....i currently have 26351 and 26352

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Making the headlight harness work on a GM could be a trick. The isolation module will be the least of your problems though. The difference between the three main modules is mainly to do with DRLs (daytime running lights) The problem is going to be compounded when your GM has four headlights and the Ford has only two. That is one double fillament bulb on each side on the Ford and two single filament bulbs on each side of the GM If your time is worth anything and unless you are very strong with electrical theory and schematic reading, buy the proper headlight harness for the new truck. Unfortunately you might not be able to get your hands on the right headlight harness for a four port isloation module so it would be simpler to get a new three port iso mod and the correct headligh harness for that. The rest of your wiring will work fine with the three port module. That makes it so much simpler and when you do need service or want to sell it there will be no confusion. Keep it original and then people will be able to help you. If you modify it only you will be able to work on it.

8. camps

camps Junior Member

Yuppers....your right, should just do it right. Ok, do you know if the 4 port mod will work ? Or will the DRL be messed up ?

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I'm not sure what it would do with the green label module, and you don't want to buy harnesses for it and install them and then decide it's not going to work and have to return them and get 3port.
    so, to do it the right way you would want to get a 29070-1 module, and whichever 3port harness kit (or just the h/l harness out of it), for the style lights you have. also you'll need a 29047 Y adapter that used to come in the harness kit that doesn't anymore.

10. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The green lable iso module connects the two low beam fillaments in series when the headlights are not actually turned on. This acts as a dim white light and passes as daytime running lights. It will work just fine and they can be interchanged with a white lable without any problems. The only trouble is if you get pulled over for a roadside check and they find your plow doesn't have proper, working DRLs (daytime running lights but the chances of that are slim. As long as your high and low beams work when you turn them on, that's the main thing.

If you can get the proper headlight harness for your truck in the four port package then I would do that and save some money. No need to buy a new isolation module.

The only real difference between the three and four port iso module is the headlight harness. The three port has one y shaped headlight harness with one long leg and one short leg for the left and right headlight while the four port has one harness for the left and one for the right. With the four port you could switch the two harnesses between port 3 and 4 to make the signals flash on the correct side of the plow. On the three port there is only one plug for both headlights so there is a little two pin configuration plug that you can pull apart and flip over to switch the signals. No big advantage. If you have a four port that works see if you can get the headlight harness and save some money.