1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Plow Problem - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SuperNatural, Nov 14, 2010.

1. SuperNatural

SuperNatural Junior Member

I have an 8' Western Pro plow about 4 years old. I'm having problems with the pump, it won't stop running at times. It started doing this last season and I put it off till now. The controller works fine but all of a sudden the plow will get a mind of its own and keep running. I've flushed the fluids and put in a new regulator but no help. The fluids are topped off at the right amout so its not running low. Also if you turn the controller off at the joy stick when it's doing this it won't stop. I have to unplug the plow wires (which are warm by this point) or the pump will run forever. Any ideas out there? We had an early storm and I had to hire out my route, can't afford to keep doing this.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

change the motor solenoid.

3. SuperNatural

I wrote regulator but I meant solenoid, sorry. I changed that and also have another new one.

4. SuperNatural

A friend of mine was thinking the relay. Any of you guys ever had this problem?

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad solenoid. also a loose connection somewhere near the battery.

6. SuperNatural

Thanks for the help, I'll look into in now.

7. Seabee15

Seabee15 Member

How is everything going??