1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pro plow angle problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by metallihockey88, Dec 20, 2009.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

my buddy has a brand new western ultramount 8.5ft pro plow. i havent been able to look at it since im at work so im just going by what he told me. he said the plow angles left when he hits the right button on his controller as well as angling left when he hits the left button. once it gets all the way to the left he cant get it to go right at all. it lifts and lowers fine still. he said he checked all the wiring and grounds and everything looks clean and fine. it is on a brand new 09 gas f250 he bought this summer and was installed new at that time. hes goin to his uncles now to try a different controller and have him look at it. anyone else have any ideas on what this could be? i had the same problem with my western last year and it went away, never could find a problem with it. thanx :drinkup:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

S3 stuck shifted

3. metallihockey88

You sayin the valve that turns it right is gummed up or jammed?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Changing controllers won't fix it. The S3 valve is stuck open. Probably debris in the valve.

5. metallihockey88

Ok that's what I told him but he figured hed try the controller. Do you know where I could find a diagram of the pump showing where the valves are? Apreciate the quick help guys

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ask and you shall receive. :salute:

Manual

It's for an older relay system but the plow side/pump is the same.

7. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

8. metallihockey88

you are the man, i was lookin on the site but missed that diagram. im assuming i should take out and clean all the the valves. anythin else you would reccomend i do while im in there? maybe just change the fluid. its frusterating cause its a new plow and been used a few times only not ot mention he got absolutely hosed on the plow since the dealer installed it on the new truck. wish i woulda know he was puttin a plow on the new truck so i coulda helped him out with it a bit on what to choose. he wants to ad wings and just found out hes SOL since its a pro and not a pro plus. thanx again

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the valve ans check the internal spool for movement. You'll likely find it's stuck in. If it can't be freed you'll want to replace it.

But I'd demand the dealer do it if it's under warranty.

10. metallihockey88

Yea were tryin to figure out who did it. Dealer sent it out and there's no sticker on it from western dealer which is wierd. Latest update is he said he cleaned all the solenoids it worked for a min then got stuck again. Any other ideas? Could the solenoid be shot?

11. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Clean the S3 one more time. If it sticks right away again then replace it as it's likely defective.