1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro or Western Pro plow Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by americaninny, Nov 8, 2013.

1. americaninny

americaninny Junior Member
    from NY

How to choose between Western Pro or Western Pro plow Plus? lets pretend they cost the same and they are the same wight, what would make one better then the other and why?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

what are doing with the plow? that's an important question
    if you go on westerns website, it shows you all the differences between the plow. the pro plus is a beefier plow

3. americaninny

americaninny Junior Member
    from NY

residential and light commercial, 20 + accounts. I know the pro plus is beefier, I am just wondering if that is necessary. I have my mind set on buying the pro plus but wonder if I am wasting my money for the extra weight. Is the pro a light weight piece of junk that will snap at the mounts? I dont understand why western would design the pro when they did such a nice job with the plus or maybe the the pro is a great plow and the plus is a beefie waste of money. Anyone have any experiences ?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

B/c the pro plus is designed for us comerical pushers. It's made to be beat and not break. The pro is not meant to be beat like that

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  5. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Id go with the pro plus- heavier, stronger, you can easily put wings on if you want. I believe it has a taller moldboard too. I love my pro plus

6. svc turf

svc turf Member

Pro plus all the way. Love mine never had any issues. If you look at the two side by side the pro plus is built way stronger and plus you can throw the wings on which makes the plow way more productive. best money ive spent on the wings

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Buy the pro plus and throw a set of wings on it. Just make sure you reinforce them first.

8. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

My question is How does the Western pro plus stack up against a boss super duty?

9. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the best with to reinforce them??

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Just a piece of flat bar. I posted pictures of mine awhile ago but I wouldn't know how to find it. I'll see if I can.

PM me your email and I will send you the pic I have.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  11. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

I have been running the pro plus for the last 3 years.

During Nemo (3 feet of snow) it didn't let me down.

I beat the heck out of it and it took and wanted more.

One of the things I liked about the pro plus was the 31 1/2 height of the blade, that helped move more snow.

Go with the pro plus you will like it.

Now having said that, I switched this year to the new MVP3 and can't wait to try her out.

It will be a lot different than my pro plus but in a better way once I get the hang of her.

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You'll be hooked and never go back to a straight blade.

13. svc turf

svc turf Member

The BOSS super duty is just like the Western Pro model. The Pro Plus is a whole level above both those plows

14. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I used to have a pro plus just upgraded to a wideout. The extra height of the pro plus is definetly noticeable. The wideout looks so small on my truck when it is fully reteacted. My dad is still using his ultramount pro and has very few issues with his. Actually everything that wore out on mine also did on his. I do plow more accounts though. The only thing I liked better about his plow is the pro doesn't come out as far from the truck as the pro plus does.

The pro plus seems to roll snow better than the pro. I don't think you will be wasting your money getting the plus.

15. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

id go with the pro plus mine is 6 years old and still holding up strong. But I would check the price between a pro plus and a mvp. I was at my dealer yesterday asking prices and a 8' pro plus was 5600 and a 8'6'' mvp was 6000. Def worth the extra 400 bucks imo.