1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western pro on Ram 2500 diesel?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by QuadRacer041, Nov 6, 2013.

1. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

I have a '13 slt 2500 hd mega cab with a cummins and a snow plow prep package. Tried to make an appointment at my western dealer today and he told me that western doesn't offer an application for my truck because with the diesel engine the plow is too heavy. I went to western and fisher's website and entered my truck specs and it seems to be true. Even just a regular crew cab western suggests a 7.5 mid weight plow and fisher a 7.5 sd plow. I usually run 8ft on my pick ups. This is my first diesel truck and never thought this would be an issue.
    Anyone else have this problem?

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Yup. Diesel is heavier than your gas counterpart. Front ends are pretty much the same.

You can do it. You just might be installing it yourself

3. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

They said they would do the install if I want. I don't understand why Dodge would even put a snow plow prep on the truck if there shouldn't be a plow on it.