1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro No power to pins & controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PinkyRingz, Nov 25, 2013.

1. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

Hey all, I am the second owner of a western Pro plow (2005?) and now it won't power up. I had it installed on my 2002 GMC 3500 Diesel by a western dealer (2 hour drive one way from me) last year and it worked all winter perfectly. I parked it in the spring and disconnected the plow as I always did and kind of forgot about it. I went to hook up the plow tonight just to have it ready and now I have no power to the two pins at the bumper or the controller yet I have fully functioning headlights and turn signals.

I looked for an inline fuse on the cable from the relay to the controller (I think that's how it goes by looking at it) and didn't see any under the hood or under the dash.

I cleaned all the connections but the voltmeter shows no power at the pins. I have power across the two main lugs on the solenoid but no power from one end of the solenoid to the little nuts (I assume controller connections). I am thinking it's a bad relay and the shop doesn't open until 8am.

Can anyone help me or give me someplace else to check? Thanks all in advance. :)

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does the controller light up? Does it turn on?
    Assuming its an ultramount so you should have 3 fuses. 2 under hood and one under the dash.

3. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

no power to controller/doesn't light up

There is no power to the controller at all.....well it doesn't light up or do anything.

I looked inside the controller to see if there was a fuse or something in there but no fuses. So I traced the controller wire under the dash and I didn't seen any fuses....it goes through the firewall and ties into another bundle of wires and seems to go to the solenoid.

Does this help at all? I'll take another look at the wires under the dash tomorrow when it's light.....but I didn't see any fuses this evening....perhaps I missed it.

4. dieselss

Yes should be a fuse under the dash for the plow
    Is it an ultramount plow?

5. dieselss

Should be 2 fuses underhood in the western plow harness should be one under your dash somewhere. Hook plow up should have gnd ay blk/og and pwr at rd/ylw

6. PinkyRingz

PinkyRingz Member

Yes it's an ultramount plow. I will look tomorrow and find those fuses.

Hey man, thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it!

7. dieselss

Westernplows.com. library. Look up 3 port 4 port ISO module wiring and download the wiring manual. I think yours is a few pages in