1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro lifting above heavy snow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by birddseedd, Jan 13, 2014.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

I noticed my plow is lifting up over heavy snow. I never had this problem with my old western. Is it the old cutting edge, or perhaps the rubber shield on top that is being pushed up and pulling up the plow. my older meystern doesn't lift up on heavy snow.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

A worn cutting edge can do it. Not sure if it would completely solve the problem but a new cutting edge can make a big difference.

3. birddseedd

Gonna have to get a new one soon.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Bad configuration can cause this too. If the a/ frame is not parallel to the ground (too high at the back) it changes the cutting edge angle (attack angle) which will lift the plow when u push a big pile.

5. birddseedd

A worn cutting edge would cause this same effect?

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That's true. Worn cutting edge would drop the front end of the a-frame and change attack angle.

7. birddseedd

seems i need a new one then.