1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Flow spreader on '08 2500 HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by michdeere, Nov 16, 2007.

1. michdeere

michdeere Member

Has anyone got a western pro flow salter installed on their '08 2500 HD? Or '07? I think these trucks have the same frames. My western dealer is saying the mounting brackets (under bed/hitch type) need to be modified to fit my '08. Seems like Western would have that situation handled by now. I'm not real hot on carving up a new $500 mount. Am I getting the straight story from the dealer?

2. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

Although I would have never done this particular install to a new truck there are alternatives to the $500.00 mounting system for the Pro-Flow.

This is a Pro-Flow 2 mounted on my Lil' Chevy. Some drilling and welding required. 6 bolts and the thing is off the truck. 2 pins and I can remove just the spreader.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. michdeere

michdeere Member

Thanks. They called today and said they had ordered the wrong parts. The hitch is now on the truck (although I've not seen it or picked it up yet) and it didn't have to be modified.

4. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

If I was putting the pro-flow on a new truck I would probably want it on the hitch deal as well.....

My issue was that on an old truck thats dedicated to plowing and hauling my dirtbike in the summer I couldnt see forking out the Moolah.

Have a great season Sir!!