1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Flo2 Irritation....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by derekbroerse, Feb 14, 2010.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

This season, ever since I oiled the $@#! out of it with Fluid Film to slow the rusting, the feed door has a bit of a mind of its own. A clump will shove it open all the way and quickly empty the hopper before you know what happened, or (much more often) it seems to rattle closed and put out very little as you run around the site figuring you are done only to realize it put out about 1/4 what you wanted.

Near the top of the handle is what appears to be a plastic puck of some sort, the handle travels thru it. Is this meant to be a friction slide of sorts? Do I just need to loosen it and adjust it? I really haven't taken the time to look but this is getting ridiculously annoying...:realmad:

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

What year is the spreader? New Model?

3. derekbroerse

If memory serves its an '04...

4. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

What level do you have the gate open to? I have mine wide open and the spinner at full speed and I drive about 15km/h and that works for me.

5. derekbroerse

Two bolts fully exposed, I think thats about half isn't it?

6. derekbroerse

Does this mean no one knows? and I'll have to try and :mechanic: it myself? lol

7. 02DURAMAX

Do you have the new feed gate or the older style Feed gate?

8. derekbroerse

How can I tell the difference? It's a t-handle with four bolts thru it. Slides upwards to open.

:confused: :confused:

9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I welded my own on. I just took a bolt, and welded it to the little bracket that the slider handle runs through. I then took a long bolt and bent it into an L shape. This tightens against the vertical part of the slider handle (that is diagonal) and keeps it from moving. Keep it greased up and it works much better and faster than the original. :)

10. 02DURAMAX

Is your spreader like this?

CIMG4193.jpg

11. derekbroerse

Nope......

12. 02DURAMAX

Ok, Sorry Idk much about the new Esay adjust feed gate.:eek:

13. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

You have the new style like me brother. I'm not sure how it would open/close itself, mine stays snug in its place. How often do you open and close it? The only thing I can see is the bolt heads wearing off a bit of the plastic/rubber piece and it not being held in tightly anymore. IMO, just set it at the level you like and put in a big bolt to hold it solid. Its a bad design because I can see it wearing out very quick if you adjust it every storm. Like I said, I have mine wide open on full speed so its not an issue for me. I hope this helps!

14. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

I have one like you and put a pair of vise crips on that when I need to keep it open. I have found that you need to close it when I run gravel and am moving from one location to another to keep it from coming out...hope this helps