1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pro flo

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RhinoL&L, May 20, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how much a frame with the hitch should cost. I have the spreader and controls, all I need is the mount. Local dealer said 500. Is there any other way to mount it besides the in bed truss mount. I am in columbus ohio if any one has one or knows a good price on one info is appreciated.
    thanks, shawn

2. rjets00

rjets00 Member

I have a pro flo 2 I use the in bed mount but I modified it so I would have to bolt it in, I just welded a tongue on it ( kind of like a trailer ) and attach it to my gooseneck ball> Just use some imagination the opp. are endless, good luck

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Western Pro Flo. I bought this used with out the mount. Do you a trailer hitch? If you do go to your nearest truck supply and ask for a Pintle Hitch Mount with 8 holes. ( the plat is 7 1/2" + 5" The shaft will fit a 2" receiver.) Step 1: Bolt this to the bottom ( There is 4 bolts the bolt the plastic guard to the steel) Take the bolts out and add this.
    Step 2: Pick up some 1 1/2" + 1 1/2" angle iron 4' long. Bolt that to the highest point on the spreader, drill the other end of the angle iron and drill the side of the receiver and put sheer pins through the hole ( or you can bolt it) I'll try to get a picture of this for you. The total cost of this was aprox. $60.00. Here is a link on ebay witht he pintle hitch mount. Hope this helps. This worked great for me. If you are handy you can make this work. Good luck Rich
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pint...008QQitemZ180112567226QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

4. Quality SR

I just found a picture and i pointed out things in the picture. For some reason i cant upload it. :realmad: If you want to PM your email address ill send you the picture.

5. Quality SR

Rhino i sent you an email with the picture.