1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Flo

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by IA snoman, Feb 12, 2005.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I have a question about a Western Pro Flo. I found one used and was told that it could spread sand as well as salt. The website says u need the Pro Flo 2. Actually it says it can spread wet sand. So can You spread bagged sand in a Pro Flo or what? Definately getting a tailgate spreader, just don't know that much about them. Trying to learn as fast as possible as spreading material is a great service to add to snow removal.

Thanks guys :drinkup:
  2. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

you need Proflow 2 for wet or bulk.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  3. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

Need a pro flo II for sure on the sand.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I have a pro flo .I spread a mix of sand and salt.You have to use dry bagged sand i found tube sand or bag sand from depo or lowes works the best.I do about a 50/50 mix and it spreads no problem at all. I can even let it sit in the spreader overnight without it binding..Wet sand will not work without a pro flo 2.