1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Flo spread distance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LocalTouch, Nov 30, 2003.

1. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

Here in Northeast Ohio we received our first plowable event Friday night into Saturday. It was the wonderful slushy stuff to deal with. I bought a used Western Pro Flo single stage spreader, and this was the first time I used it. After different adjustments while in use, I can not get the spread pattern to go any farther that about 15' wide. I turned the speader dial speed up, and adjusted the "throat" opening. Any ideas on what may be causing this poor spread distance? I recently tightened the belt and lubed all fittings on it. All connections are correctly installed. Thanks for any help......

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I have heard of some people getting the units from the factory with the polarity to the motor backwards, So it would turn the wrong way. Not sure if you would still get a 15' spread if thats the case though.