1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Flo salter

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DJs Lawncare, Nov 17, 2013.

1. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I am looking at buying a used Western Pro Flo salter. This is currently set up as a bed mount. I don't want to drill holes in my bed so I was looking at finding out how to make it into a hitch mounted spreader. If it's too much money I am not going to buy it.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have converted a few by just bolting on a receiver with the flat plate for a pintle setup. Once that's bolted on I just run a couple straps to the corner of the bed to help stabilize it.

3. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

I did the same thing, about $30.00 in steel and a welder

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Another thing if you have to put it on and take it off yourself just use a hand truck with like a plastic milk crate to take up the gap. Put a strap around the salter and slide it out then wheel it around. Works great!

5. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I ended up going with a Snowex Mini pro 575. Was able to get it for about the same price without having to modify mount. I just had to order a wiring harness.

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Good luck! Hope it snows!!!