1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western pro flo 2

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BlindViper, Jun 29, 2007.

1. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

I have a pro flo 2 that has never seen any salt or sand it is about 6-7 years old garage kept. Dealer said they get 2397$ for the "kit" with the under bed mount. It has the in cab box with the pulse controls. I will remove all the wiring. And the mount if it will fit you application. The under bed mount has a built in class IV hitch. It fits a 1997 f250. 1800$ or best offer I will drive up to 150 miles for delivery. I will take very good pictures if anyone is interested.

"Capable of spreading all types of material, including wet sand, the WESTERN® PRO-[control]FLO™ 2 spreader sets a new standard for tailgate type spreaders! The two-stage design features a 16" belt conveyor to assure positive feed with all types of materials. The high strength poly hopper has up to 1200 lbs. capacity (10 cu. ft.) on properly equipped vehicles. Spreader height along with the feed gate and deflectors are all adjustable. In-cab control options include an "on-off-blast" rocker switch or solid state"

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  2. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

I was under the truck today changing the Diff oil. The center portion of the mount where the hitch is I would think it needs to be replaced. I will take pictures of the mount, control box, and the spreader tomorrow.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just get the pics......someone will want to see them i garuntee (sp) it.
    -mike-

4. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

ok here are the pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

6. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

7. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

8. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

I am going to lower the price to 1650$

9. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

No body is interested? 1650$ OBO

10. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

forgot to post this picture
    [​IMG]

11. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

someone has to want this?

12. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I'm interested but I need to know more about the rusted out mount. Is that a universal mount or would I have to buy one to fit my truck anyway? I already have the stock trailer hitch in place. Does that mount come with the hitch or just the two sections on the side?

13. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

You would need the hitch side mount for your Chevy truck. It would replace your present hitch. Its a heavy duty hitch set up to accept the mount.
    All pro flo 2's and fisher speed casters are set up like this. Or you can do the in bed truss mount that bolts in your bed, sucks for loading skids. Well for that matter so does the hitch mount.

14. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

Just got off the phone with the dealer here quoted 642.71$ for the under the bed mount...ouch. I checked for the 2005 chevy 2500. Maybe your dealer can get it cheaper.

15. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Wow for that I'd buy new! Let me see what my dealer says on the price of the mount....

16. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

I would be willing to come down on the price but would prefer not since the spreader is new.

17. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

1550 OBO I need a new axle in my truck help me out

18. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Im waiting to here from a few dealers. One dealer I found from Ebay is getting a shipment in and is selling them new for $2500. complete with truck mount. I'm set on the Pro Flo 2 because I need to do sand.
    I'm waiting on quotes for the truck mount in my area. I got the money, just want to spend it the right way. I know your unit near new but for the price of the truck mount and your unit I might as well get a new one with warranty.

Why didn't you ever use yours?

19. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

The original pro flo 2 was used at our gas stations to clear the lots. The truck was at the house the spreader was stolen off the back of the truck. Insurance bought a replacement and it was put in the shed. Then we moved and sold the stations so it has been here in the shed, I put in it the garage with plans to use it. Since I started to plow for a contractor but Metro spreads their own salt. So it doesn't get used.

20. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

How heavy is this unit? Can one person mount/dismount it?