1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western pro flo 2?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DaySpring Services, Apr 18, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have any expirence with these? How much should I expect to shell out for one?

2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Are you looking new or used. New they go for 2000.00 to 2600.00 not installed with bed mount. Hitch mount is about 300.00 more. I've seen used ones go for 1000.00 to 1500.00 depending on condition. I have a used one if your interested.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im still looking around, not quite sure what I want yet. I'd prefer new but if the price is right I go used.

4. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Do you still have the Pro Flo 2 for sale?

5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

nick858,
    Yes I still have it. Take a look it, in the for sale thread. I have pictures there.
    Everett

6. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I used a PRO FLOW 2 last year and i loved it. It runs like a champ. the only problem is loading it. For me I had to use the 5 gal bucket method. Other than that its a great spreader. I have the hitch mount.

7. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

my pro flow II is for sale if anyone is still interested.

8. With either the hitch mount or the in-bed truss mount, how hard is it to mount it? Can you mount it up the the truck by yourself in the middle of the night after u load your pallet of salt in the back? Thats the important thing for me. Is it possible or does it weigh too much>?

9. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I doubt you can mount it by yourself unless you are super strong. I have the pro flo 1(single stage model) and need one other person to get it mounted.

10. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

unless you have really long arms you wont be able to reach both sides of the unit. You could how ever build a small stand that will allow you to just back up to. I thought about it but never got around to it. I usually had a buddy help me with it. Its a great unit otherwise.