1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Flo 2 V.S. Fisher Speedcaster 2?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Makndust, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Are these two spreaders the same? I am priceing them both in the next couple days. The Western was quoted at $2487 uninstalled. This included the bed truss mount and the fancier control box. They want an extra 300 for the reciever hitch mount and also an extra $250 for installation. Is the fisher going to be any different as far as options or the spreader itself? Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

The color is the biggest difference they are essentially the same unit.

3. ghost

ghost Member

fisher

I have ,over time ,had both the only thing is the color. I did mine my self and it took about 1/2 day. The only problem i ran in to was taking my old hitch off to put on the new I had to barrow a air ratchet to get it off. The bet price I have ever found on a new one is from Central Parts Wharehouse but i have seen used ones on ebay. Good Luck pumpkin: