1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Pro Flo 2 issues

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by captshawn, Dec 9, 2011.

1. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

Started last season and now getting worse. When totally loaded with salt the control box will wanna kick back off to standby mode at times. Turning the switch on and off will get it running again. After running for a bit "5-7 minutes" the control box will start to get hot and give off a burning smell. Anybody have ant ideas of were to start looking? Wires do not get hot just the control box.
  2. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

I would check the amp draw on the Motor along with making sure all your electrical connection at battery and sander are clean to include the plugs.
  3. ctbman

ctbman Member

It sounds to me like it is searching for a ground.If your main ground is weak it will try to ground through the box but that wont work for long before you fry box.Just my $.02 worth