1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Poly Pro Plow - color fade?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cti531, Oct 8, 2010.

1. cti531

cti531 Member

Alright I have been researching the heck out of Western plows the past couple weeks and need to make a decision next week. I was pretty set on getting the steel Pro Plow until a local dealer just got back to me with what I thought was a very good deal...but it is on the poly version of the Pro Plow.

Providing that I pay cash, I can get the new series 2 Pro Plow (poly) 8 foot, installed on my truck and out the door for $4500. With tax it comes out to about $4,750 total.

My concern is that this plow has already been sitting outside since June soaking up the sun. I have been hearing that these things turn pink pretty easy when kept outside. While the plow still looks nice and red now...how much damage has already been done over these hot 4 months?

Listen, I know this isn't a beauty contest but I also take care of my stuff and don't want to have a pink plow in a couple years. I would be storing it inside from here on out but I have to believe these 4 months have not been kind. So finally my question is...what do you guys think? Anyone out there with a poly plow? How long did it take to fade? What were the conditions?

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Keep it inside and it won't turn pink for a long time. I have a poly unimount that is still red after 8 years.