1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Poly Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Duplantisjj, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Hi, I'm new here....I just convinced myself to install a Western 7'6" Plow on my 02 Silverado. Went down to our Western dealer (only one dealer in Anchorage, Alaska). I was interested in the Standard Poly Plow, for various reasons. My dealer said they didn't have any in stock and weren't expecting any until January 05!!!! Furthermore, he said that Western is discontinuing the Poly series! Does any know if this is true? Are they being discontinued?
    Doesn't make sense to discontinue a popular product.

2. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1

Standards are still available. Western came out at the NTEA show with a new "Midweight" UltraMount Plow that will probably replace the "Standard" line eventually. It will also have a poly option.

3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

The Poly's are great. Did you check to see if they had a Poly Pro Plow?

4. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

They were out of all poly plows. I decided to go with the Western 7.5 Standard Steel with the Ultra Mount and Wings. They are slapping it on my truck next week. I have a small lot to plow and my driveway, I'm hoping the Standard will be enough plow for me, and not too much for my truck.

Thanks
    Johnny