1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plows WISE Service Training for our Dealers

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dd3brand, Jun 8, 2011.

1. dd3brand

dd3brand Junior Member

:mechanic:
    Western Dealers, come get WISE with us this summer! Our Western WISE (Western Institute for Service Education) has raised the bar again. For the summer of 2011, Western will introduce NEW & INTERACTIVE Hydraulic & Electrical training modules for enhanced training within the theory and functional operations of our systems. This new interactive software will clearly illustrate electrical and hydraulic process flows for a better understanding and education of what is really happening behind the scenes! In addition, we have purchased a New Truck and Trailer (see image) which will carry our training equipment and highly-trained technical personnel throughout many locations to provide you regional training close to your doorstep! Act Now, REGISTER TODAY through our website @ Westernplows.com or Return your completed invitation sent to your dealer location…Hope to see you there!
    Hugh Wilson, DD Manager Technical Service

Western Service Truck & Trailer.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Do you have to be a dealer to go to the workshop, or will you allow your paying customers to come and learn about your products? I won't wnat to buy a product not knowing how it works or how to troubleshoot it. Glad the dealers will but at 3 in the morning I need to be able to depend on me.

Please let me know

3. dd3brand

dd3brand Junior Member

WISE Training

Tony,

Currently we don't offer the training to customers, our training is focused to give our dealers the necessary training to repair your equipment in the most professional and efficient manner. Many of our great dealers offer 24/7 support during the winter months and will be prepared to help you if there is a time when you need service. Also, if you ever need help, there are many members of PlowSite that may get you through in a pinch. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. Thanks for being a loyal Western customer!
    Hugh Wilson

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I still think you should offer classes to your customers. We are the ones buying your product. Yes some dealers are open but who wants to wait in line while they fix the first broke down rig, may take hours to get to my truck? Also if the truck or plow is down I can't work (make money) now I have to pay somebody $70 plus an hour to fix something, kinda double whammy. Plus if am I waiting for them to fix it, it really isn't saving me anytime than if I did it myself.

Not trying to come off as an *******, but no matter how productive a plow is, an old shovel will be more productive than a non operating snowplow. I would like my next plow to be a wideout, however I don't understand the new wiring and exactly how it operates. My proplus is pretty simple if it hs power the valve should open, if I can't work on it myself I would rather keep the old one. Everything mechanical will break, it is a matter of how fast you can be up going again.

Thank you for your consideration,

Tony

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I would agree with Tony350. As a Western owner this would be very beneficial information/training