1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nickypet, Jan 9, 2009.

1. nickypet

nickypet Junior Member
    from canada

I have a western snow plow that does not turn left and right. It only goes up and down. My machanic said i need a new valve body . Is this true. I need some help. He also tolld me the part takes 2 months. I live in Toronto. Any help would be appricated
  2. arrowheadnut

arrowheadnut Junior Member

hey, there are a couple things this could be. you need to check power to the coil then check the coils for magnetism i use a screwdriver if that checks out check the poppet valves small allenhead bolt one on top of the block one in front, hold a pan or rag under the bolt because it is spring loaded and will pop out check for broken springs and before you start get a manual. these poppets if bad will not let fluid through. had the same problem yesterday 25 bucks for a poppet rebuild kit back in business in 25 minutes.as far as the valves go , pull em out 7/8 socket deep well and see if the o rings are good check the bottom of valve plunger it should move just a little bit . one plunger sticks out the other two are inside the barrel of the valve. finally if you do need a valve look on the web or try regional equipment alsip illinois they could probably send it in the mail [couple days].good luck m.m.