1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Precision Lawn, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Hello I have a western 7' 6" pro plow on my truck and when I hook it up this year for a test. My clyinder on my pump will not go all the way down when I push it down. Plus when I hook the lites up they don't come on. Any suggestion.
    Thanks

2. proshare

proshare Member

It sounds like poor electrical connections, where the main plug from the truck connects to the plug on the pro plow. clean with spray electrical cleaner and be sure the little pins are not bent or broken in the plug. you can do a wiggle test by turning on the lights or having someone work the control, while you wiggle the plug.
    Good luck!!

3. szorno

szorno Senior Member

An over-full reservoir can keep a lifting cylinder from going down. Take the filler plug out and try to push the lifting ram down all the way. If it goes, and oozes fluid out the filler, that was your problem. The next thing I would do is look hard at your grounds. Are the really good? Also, you don't mention if you have the cable operated Western pump or the electric solenoid. Cable adjustment can create some weird problems. Good Luck.