1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TCLS88, Jan 22, 2012.

1. TCLS88

TCLS88 Member
    from MIDWEST

With my western plow in the up position i can move plow right or left by hand pushing on it it still plows ok. Any ideas what could be wrong. Thanks

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Need more info on the plow to help on the problem What western model is it

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I can't believe that you consider this still usable for plowing... doesn't it move when you push snow? No matter what kind / model of plow it is this has to be the crossover relief valves. As Antlerart said, tell us what kind of plow it is and we can give more detail, perhaps hook you up with the mechanic's manual so you can see the parts you need to examin.

4. TCLS88

TCLS88 Member
    from MIDWEST

The plow is a unimount.

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Assuming it is a straight blade this will be the mechanic's guide. Page 8 shows the parts breakdown, have a look for the "crossover relief valves". There are two of them. http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/21936_121704.pdf
    Pull them out carefully so you don't loose any of the small parts. Use a magnet on a little screwdriver to extract the pieces. Have a good look at the springs, they may be broken or bent. Blow out the hole to make sure your problem is not just debree holding the check ball open. Page 51 shows how to adjust the valves and you don't even need a pressure gauge.

6. TCLS88

TCLS88 Member
    from MIDWEST

Thanks for the info