1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow wont work

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by popeye, Dec 19, 2011.

1. popeye

popeye Junior Member
    from pa

my western plow wont move any direction motor runs i changed pump and filter and checked all wires at solenoids which appear to be energized as per repair manual you can lift the lift cylinder up and down like there is no fluid getting there just full of air, the unit is full of fluid.It did try for an instant to move left just after i changed the pump for 1 second then stopped.any ideas ?
  2. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

I would check the pump pressure.
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Need more info.

What model plow?

What wiring?
  4. rpm1

rpm1 Junior Member

i had an ultra mount plow and had a fit with mine everyone kept telling me to make sure the pick up tube was attached i removed my fluid resivor wich had fluid still in it and i had what i thought was the pick up tube attached to the pump like it was suppose to be there! after putting it all back together and screwing around i read an article about the pick up tubes falling off and laying in the bottom of the resivor take yours off stick your hand in the bottom of it and you will find the pick up tube there are two tubes on the pump not just one .hope it helps
  5. popeye

popeye Junior Member
    from pa

Thanks for advice but I found the problem.It was the S3 4way valve was bad