1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow wiring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike9497, Nov 29, 2002.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

is it just me or do there directions suck? i need to know where i can tap into the trucks wiring for the cab command power.they say in the directions any power wire that have at least 15 amps from the ignition.can be used.know way am i going to guess at this and choose to use the fuel pump line.if i do that the truck would burn to the ground my other truck that i put a plow on the other day had a wire for a plow controler installed from the factory
    this is the truck i wanna put the cab command in.its a 97 F-250 light duty 3/4 4.6

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

I just installed one on my 95 F250 and all I did was tap into the fuse box , there was a separate open fuse that I just jammed a spade terminal into and walla power....just put an inline fuse into it... but the cab command already had a fuse inline , one of those glass ones. so I just left it at that . I think when I get the time, cause it is direct power I am gonna get an auxullary fuse bank and wire it into that tap on the factory box, so I can run other accesories out of it , like my fog lights and etc...... I do think that they wanted it hooked into an ignition switched power line though..... So that you will have to trace out under the dash.. look at your factory service manual or the like and the wiring diagrams should give you colors to look for as to which wire is ignition switched or not ...

3. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

nope doesn`t show S***

4. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

Mike , dont you have a haynes or chiltons manual ?? I'll look at what years mine covers and see if anything is in them..... BUt you should be able to just get a test light in there and do some probing to locate an ignition switched power line..so that when the ignition is on , so is the plow and then when the ignition is off so is the plow.... Things like your cigarette lighter plug should be ignition switched you could tap into that ....But chcek to see that it is ign switched. some cars are some arnt.. mine is not ignition switched..