1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western plow turns left but not right

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by blackbear10, Oct 26, 2013.

1. blackbear10

blackbear10 Junior Member

I have adjusted the cable in and out with no luck. Both cables are good. Lift works up and down. Turns left but not to the right. Put new cushion valves in and took the 4 way valve apart and put new seal in and cleaned it. Still have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you tried to work the "valve" by hand to see if it actually is the plow or the cables? (can't think if the proper name at this moment sorry for vague term)

3. blackbear10

The cable moves the rotary valve back and forth as it's supposed to.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok so is it moving at full cycle both ways correct?

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does the motor run when trying to angle right?

6. blackbear10

yes and yes

7. kimber750

I would inspect the cushion valves to make sure not damaged or missing parts.

8. blackbear10

as I stated in the beginning, I just put new ones in it as the old ones may have been the problem. They are not the problem as the original problem still remains.

9. kimber750

Try cranking them down all the way and see if it will angle. Do not leave them cranked in, should be 1 1/4 turns out from closed. If this doesn't work you are down to 4 way, binding in the plow or cable adjustment. These are your only options if motor runs and every other function works but right angle. You will have to double check the work you have already done.

10. blackbear10

I guess I will go at it again tomorrow. Thanks.