1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Plow Swap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by procut, Jan 4, 2012.

1. procut

procut Senior Member

I have two basically identical Chevy K2500HDs. Both with roughly 2008 model year UltraMount Western plows. One is a 7'-6" straight, three plug; the other is a 8'-6" MVP two plug. What would it take to switch these two plows around.

* The reason I ask is the V plow would be more valuable with the truck that has a salt spreader on it.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Need to swap the control and battery harness's including swapping the underhood motor relay (on the straight blade equipped truck) from one truck to the other. So basically you're leaving only the headlamp harness's and Iso mods and swapping everything else.
  3. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

B&B is right everthing other thaan the mount needs to get swapped. I think it maybe easier to swap the spreader
  4. procut

procut Senior Member

Kind of what I was thinking. Thanks Guys!
  5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You could add a second control harness and power cable to each truck and make them both work with the two and three cable system. The headlamp harness can be spliced in so that it services both. The isolation module can be left alone too. On my truck I have three cable systems, I run the old MVP, the new multiplex two cable for the new MVP Plus and the Wide out and the old style straight blades too. Now that the new straight blades are coming with the multiplex it will also be compatible with them. I have one iso module, one headlight harness, two relays and three control cables. I only own the controller for my wide out so I use the controller from the plow I am working on. I only plow with the Wide out but I use my truck to pickup / deliver and test other people's plows so that was the motivation behind my mutiplow setup. I have setup several trucks to run two different plows, the problem arrises when the two trucks have different front end heights because the configuration has to be changed especially on V plows. When we do this we recommend that the two trucks are identical models. Using a, low to the ground, Chev and a high Ford is not practical.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012